September 29th, 2009 by T4L
We all know Firefox is a memory hog. To speed things up greatly, do the following:
1. Open Firefox and in the address bar type about:config.
2. Click on “I’ll be careful, I promise“
3. Use the search bar above to look for network.http.pipelining and double click on it to set it’s value to True.
4. Create a new boolean value named network.http.pipelining.firstrequest and set that to True, as well.
5. Find network.http.pipelining.maxrequests, double click on it, and change its value to 8.
6. Look for network.http.proxy.pipelining and set it to True.
7. Create two new integers named nglayout.initialpaint.delay and content.notify.interval, set them to 0.
8. Restart your browser.
All done. You should feel the browser is 5x more responsive than before while navigating websites.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.